Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Julia and Me


I had the opportunity to see the new Julie and Julia movie. I loved it. Women searching for who they are, trying to find their life and purpose. Women finding themselves in the kitchen, creating, exploring, enjoying, laughing......it spoke straight to my heart. The movie portrays these women in supportive relationships with the husbands who love them. It was sweet and funny and I loved it.
My mom surprised me with a new copy of the Julia Child cookbook right after I'd seen the movie. This is my first shot at creating one of her delicious recipes. Beef and Onions Braised in Beer. It was phenomenal. Absolutely delicious. It's the first in a long list of recipes I will attempt to recreate in my very own kitchen!
Bon Apetit!


1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Go girl! It sounds delicious! My mom and I are going to go see the movie too...I can't wait.

I miss you. And thank you for making such sweet and encouraging comments on my blog. It means so much to me. I only wish it were easier to comment back! But just know that I am thinking of you...and love hearing from you...and I'm saving my pennies for a visit to Sac real soon. We are way overdue!! xoxoxo

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home