Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!


I often go through my days wishing for an experience other than the one I'm actually having.

It's an odd thing that I do without realizing it. Why not just relax and enjoy where I'm at instead of always wishing things were as I think they "should be" (whatever that means).....it's quite frustrating. It keeps me from really being present with the people and places I encounter.

It also keeps me from experiencing the appropriate gratitude for the many blessings I do have.

I'm living a blessed life. I have so many things to be grateful for. This year I'm going to reverberate the beauty, joy, excitement, anticipation, laughter, and love I receive on a daily basis.

I want to cultivate a spirit of generosity and gratitude for what God has done right here in Apartment 501.

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Apartment 501...that would be a cool blog name...or project name.

I totally hear what you're saying. I do the same thing...mostly revolving around my house. It's not our ideal...so it gets dismissed and neglected. But...it's what we HAVE and it's what we need to pay attention to. Reality...it's a tough one!

Happy New Year! Now that the craziness is over...maybe we can meet for some dinner. Finally.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home