Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Juice Stained Pants and a Plastic Headband

Joyful determination.

That's what I think of when I see this picture. I'm 3 years old. I've obviously just had some sort of unpleasant incident at the snack table. I'm wearing a plastic headband. It's apparently purely a fashion statment since my short hair doesn't seem to require added control. My chubby hands are gripping the handlebars while I peddle my heart out.

I'm clearly winning.

But more important, I'm attending the task at hand with joy and freedom. Laying all else aside and running my race at hand. Doing my part. Now my part has certainly changed in these more recent years. Daily life requires more of me than peddling a metal tricycle around a pre-school playground, but I might consider that my attitude could remain the same. I think I could still look past my circumstances and ego callings and run MY race with freedom and joyful determination.

..........let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith...........

hebrews 12:1b-2a

I can look past the battle of the day, big or small, divorce or juice stains. I can acknowledge the sting, clean up the mess as best I can, get back on my trike, and move along. With joyful determination.

I think God may still see me as this juice stained girl with the plastic headband. If I close my eyes, I can almost feel the victory...........

1 Comments:

Anonymous early signs of pregnancy said...

lol.Great post. Really enjoyed the read.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home