Friday, May 22, 2009

Convention-al Lunch

It's summertime in Sacramento and you know what that means.....


People will be leaving their heads in the middle of the street?

No.

It means I can eat my lunch outside. I love to eat my lunch outside. Today I ventured over to the Convention Center area. My favorite deli is in that neighborhood. Pennisi's Deli on the corner of J and 13th.

They pile the corned beef so high you can get a nose bleed


Yes, that's marbled rye with swiss and 1,000 Island dressing. Isn't it beautiful?

There are several pieces of sculptured art located outside the convention center.



Beautiful benches, Chester Cheetah like dudes, really tall families....

Sandwich at Pennisi's.....$7.50

Strawberry Soda.............$1.89

Lemon wafer cookies......$2.00

Summertime lunch with the naked guy...........

Priceless

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

That sandwich looks SO GOOD! And I hope the naked guy is wearing a fig leaf...ahem.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics! I agree I hope the guy is covered on the front side.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home