Sunday, November 01, 2009

Autumn Traditions

Autumn is the kick off for the Holiday Season and all its traditions. Our family has a lot of traditions. My mom and I decided about 20 years ago that we needed to make some fun, family-friendly traditions to enhance our holiday seasons. In fall we go to Apple Hill.
Over the years, we have perfected our annual trip. We have several variations, so it doesn't get boring, but it ALWAYS includes certain things. Like apples. Of course.

And family. This is my mother and my daughter. Our precious Aunt Mari used to love the annual trip to Apple Hill. She was always the life of the party at any event. We have lots of funny stories about our trips with Aunt Mary. She passed away a few years ago. It was hard going back for the first few years without her. Today, we think fondly of her and continue on with our traditions. We are continuing building the memories with one another.It also includes the mandatory apple donuts. We go straight for the dozen. No messing around.

I'm really glad that we started this tradition. It's a good way to spend time together with our memories. It's also a great way to make the most of the beautiful days we have yet to live.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

I love that! And I love Melissa. I just can't help seeing her in the cart at Target...being scolded by you...then seeing her beloved friend...was it Rachel?! I laugh every time...that was one of the best moments ever!

Would you be willing to share your Apple Hill route with me? My mom and I have been dying to go...but it all seems very overwhelming. Thank you in advance...xoxox

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home