Wednesday, August 12, 2009

No Caffeine....remember?

I'm off caffeine. Well, I'm not addicted to it any longer. I will still have a caffeinated beverage every now and again, but it bothers me. Makes me jittery. Keeps me awake. I know these things. I've tested it over and over. It's caffeine. I shouldn't have it.

Last night I went to Whole Foods with a friend for dinner. I was having some trouble with the salad bar. The dressings need help there. Far be it from me to try and educate the people at Whole Foods, they've figured out how to get me to pay $7.99 a LB for salad, so they're apparently much smarter than I am.....but their dressing area needs some serious help.

Anyway, I went to the coffee bar to get a napkin (dressing fingers) and the nice gentleman behind the counter pushed a very large frozen whipped mocha-ccino toward me and said "you want this?" I must have had a "look" on my face, because he quickly added, "no strings, you can just have it" He was training and this was practice and he didn't want it to go to waste.

My lucky day.

Now, the caffeine issue is real, but so was that whipped cream all over the top of it. I quickly said "SURE!!"

As I was walking away, he called out "Oh, and it has 4 shots of espresso..." under his breath.

It was 7 PM. I know better.

I got 2 small cups and shared it with my friend. I drank about 4 sips and I knew I was making a big mistake. I gave the rest to my friend, who either doesn't have a problem with caffeine or doesn't like to sleep.

Guess who was up at 11 last night? Wide awake. My lucky day. Then I drank 3 beers. I'm at an all-time high with my weight and I've been blaming middle age. You would think I could retrace my steps to 5 minutes ago and figure this one out. But I don't.

I'm wearing a new top today. It has a ruffle around the bottom. I look like a hippo in a tutu. I'm blaming the caffeine.

1 Comments:

Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You cracked me up. I'm middle aged, too, fighting the "organic inflatable device" around my middle. And caffeine affects me the same way, so i also gave it up. Funny ost.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home