Sunday, August 16, 2009

Salvaged Dessert

I did some catering this weekend.


Not really, but I like the way that sounds. I did make some treats for two outings with friends this weekend. Friday night was Concert in the Park. The final concert at the local community park this summer. I made sandwiches on ciabatta rolls, corn and avocado salsa with chips, ice cold beer, and jumbo chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Since I was the only one of my friends attending both outings, and I was the only one bringing the food, I cheated and did a repeat for a Saturday photo class field trip, minus the beer.




These little beauties were intended to be the darling of the weekend. Jumbo chocolate chip cookies with pecan hunks. I had trouble with these from the beginning. I left the bag of chocolate chips on the counter while I ran the dishwasher. Heat and chocolate. You can see where this is going. I saved them with a little refrigeration and muscle.



You drop them onto the cookie sheet with a 1/4 cup scoop. They're big, yummy cookies. I got the recipe from my friend JoAnne. Hers turn out crispy on the edges and soft and yummy in the center. I didn't have such luck. Mine were doughy in the center. So I left them in longer. Then they were crispy in the center and like granite on the edges. Seriously. They could take out that fragile molar you have in the back. They could loosen your veneers.


Geez. I had to present these at 2 outings. These were the finale. Both times. Crud.


I called them Disaster Cookies. I could only get rid of 2 of them. But they were so beautiful and stuffed full of delicious ingredients. I couldn't disgard them so easily.


Then this morning, in a moment of brilliance.......



Introducing........Chocolate Chip Biscotti.

I'm both creative AND beautiful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

You rock. And you are beautiful!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home