Friday, October 02, 2009

Letters From Home

Vermont in the fall compares only to Paris in the Spring. I thought about you today. I went to the Arts Festival at the Convention Center. I had to bribe the kid with a cheeseburger at Nationwide Freezer Meats to go with me.

The Arts Festival made me think of you and I wished you were there showing your fabulous paintings. Although, I think it's closer to the dream for you to be in Vermont on this evening. I saw the Arts Festival on the website of Judith Monroe, whom our friend takes art lessons from, and thought it would be fun to go see her stuff. There were lots of things there that I would have purchased if I were made of money, which I am not. We know this because if I were, I would be in Vermont.

I have been working on my contentment issues. I cancelled a date I had with a person I met on an internet dating site. He reminded me of a cross between my ex-husband and my nere-do-well second cousin-in-law, which almost zorched my psyche altogether. He called snow "the white shit" and wore a tank top. Two clear red flags that I heeded immediately.

Unfortunately, my progess on contentment issues has not prohibited the use of alcohol and I am again drinking alone. Only 2 beers per day, but still, it's 3 days in a row and the 6 pack is gone. This cannot be a good sign, even for those not gifted in math. How many times in a row can a person watch "Under the Tuscan Sun" anyway?

I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

LOVE!
E

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

The "white shit"?! I'm sorry.

As far as the drinking...I know God had me stop. Maybe He's wanting you to stop, too?

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home