Friday, October 02, 2009

One Day At A Time

Dating: I don't know how to do this. Some say you have to actually leave the house to experience dating. I'm still thinking about this. I think that dating is a serious matter. The reason for dating would be to see if two people are compatible for marriage. Otherwise, you're just hanging around with a friend.

Internet dating: I don't know how to do this. I've been trying it out a little. But, here we go with the serious matter thing. It feels very unnatural to me. How can I know if I want to date someone if I don't even know them. I would prefer something more organic. You know, stumbling across someone at a photography class, or bumping into someone during my lunch break in the park, talking, getting to know one another, then deciding if we would like to start dating. But I'm not bumping into single men who are even remotely interested in being friends with me, let alone dating me. Why is that? Statistically speaking, at my age I'm more likely to be killed by a terrorist or struck by lightening than to get married. It's hard to look forward to being attacked by a terrorist, but I seem to have no trouble hoping I'll be desired as a marriage partner some day. The trouble comes from the impatience for this desire to come true.

Spontaneous Relationship: I don't know how to do this. I mean, I THINK I know, but it's not happening and I'm inclined to interpret this as lack of skill. I'm active, engaging, well groomed, and quick to smile. This doesn't seem to be attracting anyone of the opposite sex. It's confusing to me.

Picking Up Strangers: I don't know how to do this. Nor do I want to learn. Period.

Contentment: I am learning how to do this. This is a key to a peace-filled life. Whether I'm married or not. Whether I'm employed or healthy or acheiving my goals or not. Being content with what is true in my life. Moving toward the desires of my heart. Moving toward God.

Living My Life: I am learning how to do this. One day at a time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

I love you. And I enjoy your blog. xox I'm so glad our paths crossed over 20 years ago...has it been that long? Wow...and still friends. God is good...xoxox

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home