Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Carbs Anyone?

My teenaged son called me at work today.

Him: there's no food in the house.

Me: what? (knowing there are eggs, fruit, sandwich stuff, salad items galore, probably Eggo-s)

Him: there's no mac and cheese, no spaghetti-O's, no ramen, no corn dogs....what am I supposed to eat?

Me: uhm....(recites list above)

Him: never mind (in sulky voice) I found some leftover sloppy joes. Are you going to the store today?

So at 5 PM today I'm standing in my local Wal-Mart superstore (which I never choose to go to, but that's another post) with a conveyor belt full of carbs. I'm wanting to shout out to the imagined glares around me......I'M NOT FAT BECAUSE OF THESE CARBS!!!! THESE CARBS ARE A PHONE ORDER FOR THE IMPOSSIBLY THIN 18 YEAR OLD AT MY HOUSE!!!! I DIDN'T TEACH HIM TO EAT LIKE THIS!!! I COOKED NUTRITIOUS MEALS 99 TIMES OUT OF 100!!! I BREAST FED HIM AND MILLED HIS BABY FOOD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!! BROCCOLI USED TO BE HIS FAVORITE FOOD!!!!

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!!!!!!

But I didn't. I simply remebered where I was, swiped my card, skulked out of the store, and made my man-cub happy.


3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Broccoli used to be Ian's favorite too...he'd eat thirds and fourths! You are such a nice mom...I'd have made him go himself!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Momma Sunshine said...

I would KILL for the metabolism of a teenaged boy...if even just for a couple of weeks. Think of the fun I'd have with that. Wheeeeee!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Kara said...

I think there should be a t-shirt made that says that exactly!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home