Tuesday, September 08, 2009

12 Miles.....in the sand

I love these shoes. I love to hike. Yesterday some friends of mine invited me to go to the coast for a day of hiking. I'm all about it!

My friends are getting into the swing of hiking and decided to track their "hiking miles" this summer. They were on track to reach 100 miles on this very hike. And I was there to witness the blessed event.

Only some of the trail was sand. And that makes 12 miles really hard.

Plus I have a very strained relationship with sunscreen. And that makes my skin like red leather.

Even with all that drama, there really is no better way for me to spend a day than with good friends, a little sweat, and God's beautiful world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Wow...beautiful. I remember when you got those shoes...right before our trip to Lord's Land...oxo

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home