Thursday, August 27, 2009

Memoir of an Agoraphobic


After 7 days indoors, I left the house today. I got in my car and went on an out of town errand.
It felt good.
It's good to be off the pain meds. My head has been so foggy these past days.

I have learned a few important things about myself during this time of recovery.

  • I don't chew my food very well. I really need to work on that.
  • I eat a lot of bread. I crave it. I haven't been able to have bread-like things, they're too sticky to swallow. But I crave it. All the time. Toast, donuts, waffles, muffins. The list goes on and on.
  • My weight problem might be due to the amount of bread-like products I eat. I won't elaborate, you've seen the list.
  • I don't enjoy spending days on end in the house. I'm way too active to be laying around all day.
  • I hate sugar free jello. I can't believe I bought it. If you've never tried it, don't.
I'm glad to be on the mend. I'm free at last!

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I'm glad you are on the mend! Yea! I love the picture you took.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Young Wife said...

Pain meds really do mess with your mind. Glad you're feeling better. Seven days is a long time to be at home.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

Yay...I'm glad you're getting better. xoxo

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home