Monday, August 24, 2009

So This Is How It Begins....

You know those people who lay in bed and get so fat they have to be removed from their house with a crane?

I might now understand how they get started down that road. They have their tonsils out. Then they lay in bed for days on end while people bring them whole roasted chickens and plates full of pancakes.

Only my people will only bring me broth and jello products. I may not be able to get really fat on that diet. I do, however, need some sort of protein. All the sugar and all the pain meds are weighing on me. I thought I would wean off the prescriptions today and try just taking extra strength Tylenol. It was a mistake and I'm off the wagon tonight.

I wonder if arguing with the dog over which TV show to watch is a sign of cabin fever?

At any rate, here I am, lying in bed with this monkey on my back, trying to slurp down another tubette of jello with a Gatorade chaser.

I'm not on track for the miraculous recovery. I'm going to have to settle for the speedy recovery instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

You are so funny...and I don't think jello and gatorade constitute cutting a hole in the side of your house! How long is this recovery supposed to take? I'd be going to stir crazy too!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home