Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hi Ho Hi Ho.....

...it's off to work I go. Deetel deet deet deet, deetel do....never mind.

My job is not as much fun as marching off to the mines singing with my dwarfed brethren.

I sit in a cubicle. I have a window (which isn't nothing), but no door. Is it too much to ask for a stinking door? It would keep the riff raff out....which is possibly why I don't have one.

I'm a supervisor. Have you ever done that? Well, if you haven't....let me tell you what. If you have, we can talk about it later over a well deserved happy hour.

I've been off for 3 weeks. Getting up when I want. Going to bed when I want. Visiting friends, taking vacations, hiking in my favorite places, watching movies, having surgery. Okay that last one wasn't that great, but I've been feeling so good for at least the past week and I was really getting used to being my own master.

Alas, I'm a slave to the direct deposit monster and so I'll report dutifully at 7AM tomorrow.

Remember me how I was......

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

I'm sorry...

Dwarfed brethren...that made me laugh.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Momma Sunshine said...

I feel your pain. Boy how I do. It looks like I'll soon be returning to work after being a stay at home mom for over six years. Six years of staying in my jammies all day if I felt like it. It's gonna hurt...bad.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home